Ty had the chance to give a talk in Primary on Sunday. He has given one before but we figured this time he was old enough to do the talk on his own. I sat down with him, told him the topic was families, and asked him to tell me what he wanted to say. Here is the talk he came up with by himself: (the pictures are ones he colored and I held up during his talk)
"Hi! My name is Ty. Do you think it's hard sometimes to give a talk in Primary? Well I want to share my talk with you about families. I came to earth as part of a family. These pictures are things I like to do with my family. I like to play hopscotch with my mom. I like to play basketball with my dad. I like to play football with my sister Isabelle. I hope you have fun with your families today on this sabbath day."
During sacrament meeting he was very anxious to get to Primary. When sacrament meeting finished we had to hurry to be there and he sat down with his class. We just had to laugh as we saw him get his talk from his scripture bag and start reading through it again before it was his turn. They called his name to come give the talk and he walked up there with the biggest smile. He read his talk perfectly by himself. He was so proud and we must say we were proud as well!
The funniest part - after church Ty asked Chad "Do you have to give talks sometimes in church, and do you get nervous?" Chad wished his answer could have been "No, never!"
Too cute! Way to go, Ty!
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME! I was just talking to my friend about how funny it will be when Cyrena has to give her first talk. I love that Ty was sitting there, reading it through before, I could totally picture it. What a great kid!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cute kid! That's so great that he could give the talk all by himself and came up with the pictures and everything on his own. I wish I could've seen it!
ReplyDeleteSylvia and I were both very impressed too, at first because he was reading it himself (and most jr primary kids can't do that) and second because you could tell that he was the one who wrote the talk. I want to have kids just like him!
ReplyDeleteWow! He'll do great when you guys have to talk as a family in Sacrament! By the way we have a blog (finally). You should come see it when you get a chance.
ReplyDelete