We can't believe our "Ty Ty" turned 5! What great memories we have shared in over these 5 years! Chad was able to capture some of those moments in a video he made for Ty. What a treasure that will be for years to come - Thank You Chad for all those late nights putting it together! This has become one of Isabelle's favorites to watch. She watches intently and talks about each picture.
This year was a friend party for Ty. We had to limit it to Preschool friends because the list was getting way too long. Every friend he saw he wanted to invite... we wish everyone he wanted to invite could come but our small house and cold weather would not allow that - maybe in a few years! He had a football & basketball party. We had teams and played pin the football on the field, hot basketball, football toss/shoot a hoop and hide and seek sports. Ty opened presents and everyone ate donuts.
Later on we ate at Brick Oven with Grandma and Grandpa Varney. This is definitely one of our favorites and you can't beat getting a free kids meal for their birthday! (We did find out that they will be building a new Brick Oven in St. George opening sometime in August - my parents are sure excited!) After dinner (as if we didn't eat enough) we stopped at the new Emmett's restaurant in Lehi for ice cream. It was pretty good and really busy! However I think Ty enjoyed the basketball game on the TV more than the ice cream.
On his birthday, yesterday, he chose Del Taco for dinner. This fit in well with our budget and even better when we realized it was Tuesday Taco Night - we think everyone else in the ward had the same idea since we saw several families there. Grandma and Grandpa Taylor came back to our house for cake and ice cream and Ty was able to open more presents!
He said he had a great birthday and his birthday wish before blowing the candles out was that he could be 5 forever! We feel so blessed to have such an amazing, smart, kind, energetic, loving, funny, talented, athletic boy in our family!



Happy Birthday Ty! I can't wait till your 16 and get your dad's old Pontiac Firebird. Black with a big old golden bird on the hood. It's gonna be sweet!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ty!!! He's so big and so cute!!! Looks like it was lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I can't believe how fast time flies. I remember meeting you for lunch and going to Olive Garden when you were pregnant with him. Wow. It looks like you had a fun and busy day(s).
ReplyDeleteThe video collage is great! Sometimes I wish I could be 5 forever too.
ReplyDeleteHow cute is that? I love the slide show feature-- so sorry we missed the fun, Jacob was sad about that. We still have a little gift for Ty, need to drop it by!
ReplyDeleteI love all your recent posts! Happy birthday to Ty! Has it really already been 5 years? Wow.
ReplyDeleteYou're super parents for getting Isabelle to love healthy foods so much.
I love the finance flower. I don't know when, but I'm going to use that in a Church calling at some point in the future, I just know it.
So fun!!