Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Finishing Basement=Lots of Patience

We finally made the decision to finish our basement. We had talked about it so many times but had never committed... little did I know that this is what you get to deal with after that commitment especially when you don't have a garage...

food storage in the family room (1 of many interesting places we stored it)...

washer and dryer in my kitchen (too bad they weren't hooked up so their use could have consisted of more than just piling stuff on top off)...

paint cans in our bathroom - makes for fun bathroom reading for Ty!

I couldn't take a picture of dust nor do I think a picture of it will do justice for how bad it's been but it is EVERYWHERE EVERYDAY!!! I dust and sweep and the next day there is a new layer of more dust - ahhhhhh!! I am really looking forward to having it all done and getting the kids in their own rooms.

I do however appreciate my dad and brother for driving up from St. George to help finish some woodwork and tile and for a good husband who has spent many late nights painting and hooking up electrical outlets.
This picture was all I could capture of some entertaining singing by Chad and my brother - I think it was some fumes from the putty (does that make you delirious, silly and sing crazy??!!).

More pictures to come of the finished project... can't wait??? Well neither can I!!!

8 comments:

  1. I am really excited to see the final product, it looks amazing so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be so nice for you to have more room.

    Your dad still looks the same but it's weird to see your brother grown up.

    Good luck on it finishing soon and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Congrats on having such a huge project done. I still have construction debris in visible areas of the house. I wish I had some talented family members to help Dave out.... well, alas, it is only him and it takes FOREVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait until we get a home of our own, I have a magnificent dream of a basement playroom. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good luck! I'm sure it is a huge project but it will be so nice when it's done. Jason and I are lucky enough that we will be able to do that ouselves someday...not looking forward to all that work. Putting our backyard grass in last weekend so rough I can't imagine a whole basement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUCKY!!!
    I can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we can't wait to come see. you are going to feel like you have a whole other house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Do I have the cutest most awesome grandkids ever!!! Just wish they could be closer so we could enjoy more time with them.
    I have seen the finished basement and it is amazing. Shay & Chad did a great job with the planning and work on the job.

    ReplyDelete