Friday, April 2, 2010

HAPPY 6th!


Happy Happy Birthday to TY! Ty turned, the much anticipated, 6 on Wednesday! He woke up to a room full of balloons and a french toast and egg breakfast.

He requested star donuts with gummy worms for his class treat to share, which was loved by all the kids. His dinner request was to go the Skybox so he could watch sports and we were able to enjoy Grandma and Grandpa Taylor's company.
*Just had to share this picture of Chad's "Monster Burger" he got at dinner - a whole pound of hamburger and he almost finished the whole thing!
Later on we had twinkies and orange sherbet as his chosen dessert!
What a fun day to celebrate a special boy! Ty has always been my little BUDDY! Since he was the first and I had 3 years before Isabelle came along we really bonded and I enjoyed his one-on-one "buddyship"! He was a cute, CUTE baby who has been active from day one.
He is the little SMARTIE in our house, always amazing us with his desire to learn. He has this great ability to make friends with anyone, anywhere. He will talk to anyone and is GENUINE. There is not a store, vacation, waiting line, sports game, church or place we have been that he has not made a friend - young or old, girl or boy a friend is a FRIEND to Ty!


Last Friday at school Ty was the HERO in his class. I was able to go to his class and talk about him for 10-15 minutes - I had a lot to talk about in such a short time.
For each letter in HERO I described Ty -
  • H is for HELPFUL - He likes to help others and has a sensitive side for serving. He has great moments of helping his sister and tries hard to do chores.
  • E is for ENERGETIC - If you know Ty he is full of life! He runs everywhere, talks your leg off and never seems to stop! He makes our home busy which is good. He always makes us laugh - he has a great sense of humor.
  • R is for RIGHTEOUS - He has a great desire to choose the right. I find that when he thinks I am not listening are the times he repeats things we have taught him. He has always been good about writing us letters and since being pregnant I have received the sweetest, most thoughtful notes from him.
  • O is for OPTIMISTIC - Whenever I have a problem or am worried he always tells me it will be ok. He has a way of cheering you up. He wants to find the good in all things and enjoy life to the fullest!
Ty is my HERO and I am grateful for what he brings into our family and home! We have been blessed greatly with him around us! Once you know Ty you can't help but LOVE him!

Ty is PASSIONATE about sports! It looks like the TV is off but this was him during March Madness watching the games especially his favorite BYU team who he picked to win the whole thing - he is true to his team! With Ty life is never dull and worth living every minute to the fullest!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Ty!!

    Love this post, ShayLynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Ty, we were thinking about you!!! I love seeing all those baby pictures, it brings back memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ty is adorable. Hard to believe he is six! Happy birthday neighbor!! Luke says "woof".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! SIX already...wow. He is such a handsome boy and what a great personality he has. I love that he is so into sports and picked BYU to go all the way in March Madness...wish it would've happened! He seems like such a great kid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Ty! What a cute boy. Those baby pictures are darling!!

    ReplyDelete