Friday, May 21, 2010

One week down...



Ahhh it's crazy Ty is almost done being a kindergartener (if that is even a word?!) and I just can't believe how fast this school year has gone. It has been a new experience and I am glad that I know the things I do for the next one to go to kindergarten. Ty has had a super fun week packed full of great activities - he has ran to the car everyday with a smile ready to tell me the great day he had! I love these moments...

Monday - His class walked from school to a nearby dentist office for a tour, some cleaning reminders and a bag full of stuff!

Tuesday - Fireman visited the school and the kids got to climb all over the truck!

Wednesday - A domino's pizza guy came and talked to the kids about how they make the pizza and then they got to eat some! Ty had one pepperoni and one cheese slice - he was not in a hurry to get his "after school" snack that day!

Thursday - Someone came and talked to them about the military and they received dog tags with their names on them. Ty thought it was cool that you get dog tags when you go into the military.

Friday - Dance Festival day! Yay I was so excited to go watch! I remember this from way back when I was in elementary and how nervous I was but how serious I thought it was - oh the days of no responsibility how I long for these days certain times! The kindergarten classes did the chicken dance and it was so cute - we practiced the dance many times at home and the kids loved doing it. Ty did a great job! Isabelle loved watching all the kids do their dances and mom did pretty well managing the camcorder and camera at the same time during the dance. Maybe you'll notice a little wobbling in the video clip but I was surprised how well they turned out. After his festival the kids and I picked up lunch and headed to a park while we had a break from the rain. It was a great day with the kids!


Oh how I love this kid - he is my best bud!!


We look forward to another busy week of school activities for Ty...

2 comments:

  1. i cant believe it! i would love some pre-K tips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so awesome! Cyrena and Natalie giggled through the whole video! And yeah, you need to share all your kindergarten tips! :) We still have a year left but you can never be too prepared!

    ReplyDelete