"sniff, sniff"... OK, I think I will be alright that Ty will be gone all day to school. I thought Kindergarten was hard talk about choking back some tears leaving him yesterday for his 1st day of 7 hours!! He looked nervous and confused so that made it even more difficult but luckily we all made it through our first and now second day of 1st grade!
Ty seems to enjoy his school days so far - he said it felt more like 25 hours than 7, that his teacher was a little demanding but he did like her and that he had no time for afternoon recess because he was eating his snack (snacks are VERY important to that boy!). The mornings are a little rough getting up at 7 am but he is realizing quickly that playing around and reading in bed are not more important than falling asleep. He loves choosing his lunch options off his "school menu" on our pantry door and packing them in his lunch box. I am sure he'll have many more fabulous, funny and interesting experiences in 1st grade this year!!
Oh too cute, you're such an awesome mom. You'll train me and get me ready for next year right?? :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy how fast they grow up? I love that you went and ate lunch with him. What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love the Birthday post! So sweet! It's weird to see Chad with hair. (I can say that cause my hubby is bald, too.)Isn't it funny how different they look? We both new our hubbys in high school. We will definately have to chat about that. :)