Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer - Part 1

I am already feeling like the summer has gone way too fast and I am not looking forward to school starting again - I love having my kids home all day! We have been VERY busy this summer and have enjoyed a lot of different activities.

ST. GEORGE TRIP - The beginning of June the kids and I spent a week in St. George with my parents. We had lots of fun playing with cousins, doing a cousins "book club" and going to Tarzan at Tuacahn. It was so much fun!!


BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS - Isabelle had quite the birthday celebration - it lasted for several days! She definitely got treated like a princess! We spent an afternoon at the splashpad with neighborhood friends eating pizza, fruit and cookies. She opened lots of fun presents and had fun playing with all the kids!
Can't you tell she LOVES her new princess outfit?! Thanks Naomi!!


We took her for family night to Chuck e Cheese's for the first time. The last time we went was for Ty's 3rd birthday when I was pregnant with Isabelle. She loved riding all the rides and didn't care too much for the games. We ate pizza and enjoyed our time together!

On her birthday Ty had a baseball game so after we had Grandma & Grandpa Taylor over for cake and ice cream and to open her presents. She loved her pink cake - I wasn't too creative this year but it did turn out to be a pretty tasty strawberry cake! We gave her a new play kitchen, a leapster game and Tinkerbell movie. She got a princess purse and accesories and moodsand from Grandma and Grandpa Taylor and a pink scooter and clothes from Grandma and Grandpa Varney. She LOVED all the fun presents! She was so excited that before we finished singing "Happy Birthday" to her she had already blown out her candles!


FATHER'S DAY - I feel bad I didn't do a post dedicated to Chad and our dads. But I am grateful for them and all they do! We enjoyed helping Chad feel like "king for the day" - complete with a crown the kids made, whatever food he wanted and a massage (oops did we forget to do that?!). We played pin the tie on dad game for FHE and enjoyed learning about all the great fathers we have in our lives!! The kids loved making him a crown and Chad was a good sport about wearing it for the majority of the day!

CHERRY HILL - My family has gone to Cherry Hill for many years and this year we headed up again. We enjoyed camping in the trailers, celebrating Isabelle's birthday with a pinata and banana splits (yes, again!), spending all day at the waterpark and minature golfing! It was a jam packed 2 1/2 days but lots of fun!


Can you tell we were busy...
and tired!!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun-packed summer!! Great memories with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You guys have been busy! Sounds fun! And I am with you... Summer has gone WAY too fast, although I feel like I have wished it away. The sooner it ends, the sooner I can have this baby:)

    ReplyDelete