Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's a BABY...

*I typed this during the hospital stay but just finally got the pictures posted.*
...GIRL!!


Our sweet VIVIENNE finally arrived on her own time at 6:34 am Thursday morning September 23rd after 5 hours of labor. She weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and is 19.5 inches long with lots of dark hair - she is already following in her sister's footsteps measuring exactly the same and having a head full of beautiful hair! The labor went well and daddy was even able to help pull her out which was really neat. I even had the same midwife who delivered both Ty and Isabelle - I was so happy that she was on-call!The challenging part has been the fact that she has had to stay the entire time in the Special Needs Unit being monitored because she had fluid in her lungs that didn't clear up. It has been weird staying in our room without her but we look forward to feeding time when we are able to hold her. She just continues to improve quickly and we are hopeful she will come home with us tomorrow when I check out. Ty and Isabelle have only seen her from windows and they are so anxious to see her close up. When the kids arrived at the hospital and found out they had a new baby sister they were both sooooooo excited and had big smiles. When we asked what they thought her name was Isabelle said "Tinkerbell"... my mom bought her a new baby doll and now that baby's name is Tinkerbell and she LOVES taking care of the baby doll. I think both kids will adjust very well to our new addition.
She is a BEAUTIFUL baby and we feel so blessed that things have gone well and that she continues to improve each hour! We are so grateful that she has joined our family!

These were her feet after lots of pokes - poor girl.

11 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! I am so excited for your family! I'm so glad things went well. Both my girls were born with fluid in their lungs (I think it has to do with the fast labor) but they were still able to stay with us. But believe me I was calling the nurse all the time when they would hack up all the nastiness!! Poor babies. I can't wait to see her in person..whenever that is! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! She is definitely a beautiful little girl. I'm sure Isabelle is going to love having a little sister, and she was right about it being a girl! Sorry to hear about the fluid in her lungs...hope it gets taken care of quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!! Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! She is beautiful! Only 5 hours of labor? Wow, that's pretty quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on another gorgeous baby!!!
    She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!!! She is amazingly beautiful! I am so excited for you and we cannot wait to see her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that name! it's gorgeous and so is your new little one. congratulations, we can't wait to meet her and hope that everyone is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOHHHHHH Congratulations!!!! She's absolutely adorable - I can't wait to follow her pictures as you post them on your blog - it's been fun watching your kids grow that way! Hope she's doing well now and that you've got her home safe and sound. I'm soo excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! She is beautiful. Love the name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I haven't been keeping up with blogs but I saw the title of this post and had to stop and read. :) What a sweet girl, I love her name! Congratulations on your little one- these are darling photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's official-- you are cute baby makers.

    ReplyDelete