Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas 2010



Our plan was to leave for St. George on Wednesday the 22nd to spend Christmas with my family this year; however on Tuesday I went to the doctor not feeling well and left realizing that going to St. George would not be happening after the diagnosis of the flu and being told I was contagious up to 7 days - yay! I have never had the flu nor do I want it again because it was awful. I did not want anyone else, especially Vivienne, to get it so after Chad was off work on Tuesday he became Mr. Mom and I spent the next week in bed away from everyone. I didn't want to miss Christmas Eve or Christmas morning in bed so I tried to stay far from the kids and wore my new accessory - the blue mask!! Regardless of being sick, Christmas turned out to be lazy and fun. The kids enjoyed all their presents and being able to watch lots of movies! It was a great blessing to be together as a family.

Chad prepared our Christmas Eve feast courtesy of Costco - croissant sandwiches, pizza bites, mozzerarella sticks and egg rolls.

Christmas Eve jammies - oh so cute and cuddly!


Yes I did look like this for over a week... it was worth it since no one else got sick!


Pillow pets from grandma & grandpa varney have been the favorites!


Isabelle loved the barbies, mermaidia movie, books and jewelry she received from santa. She also got a remote control strawberry shortcake car but we quickly found out that it scared her so it was returned with an excitement to pick out something new. She enjoyed modeling the princess figurines she received as you can tell in the pictures. She has played non-stop with all her toys!


Ty was super excited about his Madden NFL game for the Wii - glad we got this picture of him opening it! He also received some books, the mousetrap game, toy story 3, a star wars remote control vehicle and super soft socks that he wears constantly. He was in heaven playing the Wii most of Christmas day and was even more excited the times he beat chad while playing against him! He was very sad not to go see grandma & grandpa and his cousins but he was a trooper and made the best of it!

Vivienne was daddy's little buddy for a week. He fed her, played with her, held her, bathed her, rocked her and just loved her to pieces! I think he enjoyed taking care of her even though he said on more than one occasion "it's hard taking care of everything" - dads always need a good reminder of what stay at home moms do all day! Ty and Isabelle loved helping her open her presents and she just loved drinking her bottles, sleeping and getting lots of attention!


5 comments:

  1. Oh at least you were able to make something good out of an awful situation! I hate being sick, especially when you're the mom! At least the timing worked out since Chad was able to help out so much. I'm so glad it's behind you pretty much now! I love that last picture of Vivienne, she's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of Chad to do that. Your Christmas looked fun (sorry you were sick.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures! (and the ones from the previous post!!) Your newest addition is a sweetie and I can't believe how big Ty and Isabelle are getting. :)

    I got the flu right after Thanksgiving! (in California) It was a full 10 days before I was normal. p.s. The blue mask sure looks good on you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family you have, and such a good husband to be Mr. Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you had the flu! How horrible. It's a good thing you have such a good husband that stepped up to the plate. :) Looks like you had a great Christmas despite the flu bug hanging around. And I think you looked great in the blue mask, too.

    ReplyDelete