
Ty finished 1st grade happy! That was saying a lot because we struggled for the first few months. It's another school year and another teacher which taught me to always be optimistic and patient at the beginning. I also learned that there will be times when their teacher does know what is best for them in the classroom and that my kids can learn a lot with tough love! I know Ty grew so much and gained confidence in many areas. He excelled in reading, spelling and math - many times his teacher was amazed at what he actually could accomplish at such a young age! She commented many times how gifted he is! We were sure proud of him for learning so much and for the amazing friends he made this year! (Below is a picture of most of them together - cute, cute boys!)


I had to share this cute teacher gift I made for his teacher at the end of the year. I need to remember the site I made it on to share... definitely a keeper idea for future teachers! This was super easy to do. You just type in the information you want and then play around with colors and style and then send it to Costco for printing - easy peasy!

A few days before school ended Ty had his dance festival. They did a Mayan Dance since they had recently learned about them in class. Ty was really nervous but did a great job!
Isabelle successfully checked off her first year of preschool! It was a rough beginning with lots of tears but after a few months she loved going. We heard lots about all of her friends and the good and bad that happened each day. She loved all the songs she learned and we would occasionally overhear her sing them and sometimes she would even perform when asked! We loved watching her during her graduation ceremony and she was super cute in her cap and gown! Ty thought it was so cool that they both had Miss Dawn as their teacher for preschool and insisted on having his picture together - he was so proud of Isabelle!


cute cute cute pictures! I definitely want to keep that teacher idea in mind---you always have the best ideas!!I'm so glad the school years turned out so well for both of them. I'm getting really nervous. We only have 3 more weeks until school!
ReplyDelete