Ty is our little active boy who keeps us going non-stop but he his extremely loving and caring- as we experienced yesterday. He loves writing notes to us especially when he gets into trouble. It does help the situation and my anger however - he is learning early how to work it! The notes yesterday were just cute especially the one to Isabelle which read "Hi sis Ty loves you". That just melted my heart! All day yesterday he kept telling Isabelle "Just know Mommy, Daddy and I love you very much and we want you to know that no matter what and to always remember that". He told her this several times. As much as he tells us he wishes his sister would go back to heaven these loving acts make me know otherwise that he LOVES her!
Some other GREAT things about Ty:
- Last week he let her play football with him. Letting her have a turn running with the football and then having her chase him. Other than the occasionally crying from Isabelle because I think he got a little too excited and tackled her they continued to play football for about an hour. This was a big breakthrough for them to play with each other that long and without too much screaming from Isabelle. Mommy loves these breakthrough moments!
- In preschool this last week Ty was learning about different jobs people do and was wanting to interview us about our jobs. He proceeded to ask me "what do you do for your job?" I answered him that I cook, clean and play with him and Isabelle (an extremely simplified answer). That night and for several nights since during his prayers he has said "how thankful he is for daddy working so we can have a nice house and food and that mommy does dishes for us and for Isabelle that she gives us hugs and kisses". (If only dishes were all I had to do all day???!!!)
-Last month our home teacher was over and told us what a great friend Ty was in Primary. There was a boy (one of Ty's friend up the street) who didn't want to come into Primary and Ty went to him and talked to him about how much fun Primary was and asked him to come into the Primary room. It seemed to help and his friend came back into Primary and sat with his class. We wonder what other great things he does and doesn't share with us... We realize that he will do a lot of great things when we aren't watching because of our testimonies that we continue to share with him. This is a true example of the power families and the spirit in the home have on children when they go out into the world!
Wow! Ty has such a strong spirit already, and he has gotten so big! It's so fun to watch them grow up.
ReplyDeleteI agree, Ty is great! He also has amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fun that he can write notes! I'd be a sucker for sweet notes from my little boy too I'm sure. I love the story about him and primary. What a good kid! You guys are obviously doing a great job as parents.
ReplyDeleteHey! This is Angee Duvall. I found your blog through another and thought I'd leave ya a note. Love your blog!!! So cute!! Here's ours, if you want to check it out:
ReplyDeleteduvallfamily.wordpress.com
It was fun to see you earlier this month! We still need to get together and let the kids play. Call me sometime.
Shaylynn,
ReplyDeleteHey! I found your blog through Janaca's and Jasons...way cute BTW! I hope you don't me adding you to our "who we stalk" list!!!