Monday, February 9, 2009

The Church has been restored!!

Breaking News... The Church has been restored!  I love kids and the funny things they say.   I experienced this yesterday after picking up Ty from his primary class.  

Our conversation:
Ty:  "Mom, The Church has been restored!"
Mom: "Yes, you are right.  That church is the one we belong to."
Ty:  "I just can't believe that it has been restored."

I really did want to get into a deeper conversation to see if he knew what that meant, but he sounded so amazed (and the hall was chaotic) that I just let him be.  He looks 4 1/2 but he sure doesn't act it.  I don't know many 4 1/2 year olds who would even pay attention to that, but if you know Ty he is always listening and will usually pick up on the things I wouldn't think would be interesting to him.  

5 comments:

  1. It's neat that he could remember that. I teach the half of the four year olds here and I couldn't get them to remember that restored meant the same. Let alone that the church was restored. It's great that he pays wants to know and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO cute!!!

    Amy- that would be how MY 4-year old is.

    ShayLynn- you seriously have THE cutest family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally see him dressed in a white shirt and tie, knocking on people's doors: "The Church has been restored!!" What a darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That still makes me laugh! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new here! What a great blog! Hope you have a very Happy Valentines day! ♥ Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete