Saturday, February 14, 2009

High Yield Low Maintenance

I was reflecting today on how I had the opportunity last Saturday to attend a Stake Women's Conference or a "Time-Out" as I felt it was.  Sister Anne Pingree was one of the speakers along with 3 others including our wonderful Stake President.

So many things just impacted me and they continue to since I have notes to look back over.  I never take notes but I don't have a good memory and every time I attend these types of things I come home and want to share them or remember them and they are gone.  I always say it's one of my weaknesses... but I think I gave my memory "genes" to my kids because Ty sure does remember everything!

Anyway...  I was FILLED spiritually through the talks.  The spirit was strong and many tears were shed.  Brother Thomas Harrison said "We are High Yield Low Maintenance Latter-Day Saints."  Don't you just love that???!!  What a great way to view ourselves especially as women and mothers.  Some days when I feel like I am just a walking "object" that is asked for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, a drink, come wipe me, help entertain me, I am bored, can you play with me - as you know the list could go on and on... I don't have much time for me!  On top of all the duties of being a wife and mother I don't need to worry about feeling pressure to be something the "world" tells me to be.  I just want to be me and know that every little thing I do from dishes to reading books with my kids are not unnoticed.  

I don't think it is for me to say what the true definition of "low maintenance" would be.  I think that is for each of us to bring out in ourselves.  I hope to try to create a "low maintenance" family life this year where we do the basics and feel that we are worth the price paid for each of us!   

1 comment:

  1. I love attending conferences like that. They truly do fill us up and help us gain the strength we need to do all the things on that list!

    ReplyDelete