Friday, February 6, 2009

Fab Friday - Valentine's Traditions


I remember when I was younger my mom and dad always made holidays, even the little ones, so much fun!  I looked forward with anticipation to each one wondering what they would do or give to us.  From my dad leaving chocolates and a flower for my mom, my sister and I (my brother just got chocolates...go figure) to my mom decorating our doorway with plastic spiders hanging from strings... they still make it fun by sending a package in the mail for just about every holiday!  Thanks Mom and Dad!  I want to take every opportunity we have, to share in great family memories and holidays are an easy way to create family traditions!  

Some Valentine's Day ideas for your family-

-Make heart shaped sugar cookies, decorate them and take them to family/friends with a "love" note.
-Have a FHE focused on love for each other and our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.  Decorate folders to hang and leave notes, treats and pictures in each other's folders to be opened at the end of each day.
-Make a special valentine's card/surprise for grandparents (we won't tell what our special surprise is this year since they might read and find out!)
-Leave a trail of hearts/kisses from the kids' bedroom to the kitchen table where a small gift is left
-Create a Valentine's Treasure Hunt
-Make heart-shaped pancakes with strawberries and cream.  Use red/pink plates, napkins, etc. to make mealtime more festive.  
-Read books to your kids during the month that are centered around love. 


Some websites with other great ideas:
-www.familyfun.com
-www.sugardoodle.net
-www.ldssplash.com
**Click on the title of this post for a fun activity link

4 comments:

  1. Cute ideas!!! We love to make holidays special, too (tradition from my mom), and JJ keeps asking when Valentine's Day is because he knows there is SOMETHING special coming. Nothing big, just something fun that is out of the ordinary. I love your ideas! We'll have to try some of them out! Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas!

    P.S. I'm jealous of what your parents did. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE holidays! They were my favorite part of the school year when I was teaching. Last night for FHE we decorated cookies then Heart Attacked our favorite neighbor.....she was very excited. Another idea I had was to heart attack the girls room while they're sleeping so when they wake up there will be hearts all over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great ideas! I get so exhausted for the holidays. I will definitely use some of these ideas! You are great!

    ReplyDelete