Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Van For Sale... SOLD!

We are officially a one (small) car family - no more van for us! We can't believe how fast it went - we posted it online on Friday and by Monday we had an offer. We realized the couple was better suited for a van than us - they have 5 kids and plan on 6! We'll stick with our two cute kids riding in the "red race car" as Ty calls it!

I was sad for about a half hour considering I HATE change of any kind, but then the thought of no car payment made me feel okay. However, Ty was extremely SAD and cried several times during the day. He wanted to make sure he had one last picture by the van and kept asking "How could you guys sell the van?" I am figuring out that change may be difficult for him as well, but I think his "therapy" is telling EVERYONE that we have sold our van - whatever works! He has high hopes that we will buy a truck... no plan is in the works (well, depending on who you ask)!

5 comments:

  1. He looks so sad in that picture. How nice would it be to have no car payment. I'm envious. I hope the one car family works for you! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Ty! I'm sure all of you will miss the van but not the car payment! Jason and I definitely don't have nice vehicles and I have been wanting a new one for quite some time now but it's just so nice not worrying about another bill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have the chance to say goodbye to the van!! I remember that you brought the van home just a bit before we got the Corolla.

    I'm sure the missing car payment will more than make up for the fond memories made driving Mr Van.:)

    p.s. that is so cute that TY wanted to get one last picture with the car. You have an adorable son!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a little sad, change is hard! I love that he wanted one last picture by it. :) I'm excited for you guys though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny...Ty did tell me that he sold his van and he is going to buy a truck!

    ReplyDelete