As a parent I guess there is always a first for just about everything... one happened this week for us! On Tuesday Isabelle fell off a chair in our kitchen onto our tile floor. She was a little fussy but nothing unusual. On Wednesday she kept holding her arm and crying when I would pick her up and when she was trying to climb onto the couch. We made a visit to the doctor and then to the hospital for an x-ray.
For 2 1/2 days she wore this...


And now she has this teeny pink cast!


She doesn't seem to be to bothered by it... yet?! There has been and will continue to be some adjustment since it is her right arm. It will be interesting to see if she learns that she now has a constant weapon - she hit Ty with it once in the car because Ty was being "rough" with her arm and she didn't like it!
I didn't know that there would also be an adjustment for Ty who after being "rough" admitted he wished he had a cast as well. I think his way to deal with it is by telling EVERYONE his sister fell, broke her arm and now has a pink cast on. After picking him up from school he was opening the door to get in the car and said "my sister must be home taking a nap with her pink cast on her broken arm."


And now she has this teeny pink cast!


She doesn't seem to be to bothered by it... yet?! There has been and will continue to be some adjustment since it is her right arm. It will be interesting to see if she learns that she now has a constant weapon - she hit Ty with it once in the car because Ty was being "rough" with her arm and she didn't like it!
I didn't know that there would also be an adjustment for Ty who after being "rough" admitted he wished he had a cast as well. I think his way to deal with it is by telling EVERYONE his sister fell, broke her arm and now has a pink cast on. After picking him up from school he was opening the door to get in the car and said "my sister must be home taking a nap with her pink cast on her broken arm."
As sad as it is that she got hurt, the tiny pink cast is adorable. I hope it's not hurting her anymore, poor girl.
ReplyDeleteOh... that's the most sad, yet sweet thing. I can understand Ty, I'd be jealous of that little pink cast too :)
ReplyDeleteTy is so smart, I love how informative he is.
Oh, heartbreaking. So sorry!! But she sure does look cute with it on! It's just so tiny! In my experience with many children, I've noticed they don't seem to be too affected by them; they seem to adjust well, especially as young as she is! I'm interested to hear...
ReplyDelete(and we have that same butterfly shirt!)
Poor little Isabelle! It is a cutie cast, but a pain for you as well. How long does she have to have it on?
ReplyDeleteWhat cute photos! I can't believe that it is broken!! She was upset when I came by your house and now we know why. ;)
ReplyDeleteHope she's feeling better soon and Ty doesn't find a way to get a blue cast of his own. :)
I'm so sorry to hear that. We've had a similar experience lately. Aley has been wearing a brace due to her fractured wrist. Her first weekend with her new "Rip Stick" (a kind of skate board) resulted in that mishap. But, with herbal mom to the rescue, she is healing quickly and may be able to return to guitar lessons next week.
ReplyDeleteTy makes me laugh...I love his comment. I must say though, that cast is pretty darn cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is too bad! It is rough to be a parent and see your child go through that pain. Hopefully she will heal quickly.
ReplyDeleteShe still looks like a little princess even with her pink cast and sunglasses!!!
ReplyDelete