Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

We found out just a few weeks ago that Ty got into Renaissance Academy, a charter school close to our house. Since I was prepared for the public elementary school it was an adjustment to get him ready for the charter school where uniforms are worn; needless to say Ty started Kindergarten on Thursday the 20th. We had a HARD time leaving him - the realization that he is in the "real world" really got to us. I was very emotional and I must admit Chad was a little teary-eyed himself.

The school offers some great programs that Ty will be able to participate in - spanish, chinese and arabic, music and art just to name a few. We are excited to give it a try and see how we like it! When talking to his teacher she said she had never had a student already reading as well as Ty entering Kindergarten but she was very excited to work with us in challenging him. We know he will do well and so far he has expressed nothing but positive comments.


Ty was very insistent that he take an apple for his teacher so she could put it on her desk!

Isabelle was ready to stay with Ty
for the day.

This is how we had to leave him... so sad! Good thing he is enjoying it!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really good Charter school. I'm sure he will do great! He seems like such a little gentleman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard for you but I bet he was super excited! Charter schools are really great, Cheide was in one for 3rd and 4th grade. I would love to learn Chinese, lucky kid. And I love Isabelles' glasses, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so crazy, I was emotional just reading about it! :) I hope you're happy at the charter school, I know he will LOVE school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting in that charter school, I am jealous! It IS a hard thing to leave them, and I thought it may be easier this year...but nope, still heart-tuggingly hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I know I'm going to have such a hard time when it's that time for Jordan. I'm glad he's liking it though and that's awesome he was able to get into the charter school.

    ReplyDelete