Top 10 of Summer 2011
1. Swim Lessons - so worth the drive to AF pool!
2. Supporting Ty during Soccer and Baseball
3. Dance class with Isabelle. The first
few weeks were so fun and cute but after she realized that other parents were watching there was no getting her back out there to dance. Good thing I only committed to the summer class. Hopefully a year or 2 she will be ready to be brave because she was SO happy when she was dancing!
She was so PROUD of her trophy!
4. Taking a trip to St. George to see "The Little Mermaid" at Tuacahn. AMAZING! We loved it! The highlight was meeting Ariel and Prince Eric - the crazy line (and other moms pushing their kids in front of people) was worth the wait!

5. Swimming and playing endlessly with cousins in St. George for a few days!

6. Water Wednesdays in our back yard! After our slip n slide ripped 5 minutes after setting it up I decided to make our own as I have seen other people do. We had a lot of neighborhood friends join us each week and the kids loved it. They thought it was especially cool when we put baby wash all over to make it more slippery. I kick myself that I got no pictures or video of my kids playing on it - grrrr! The only one taken was of myself and a few other moms who all slide down it in our clothes on a dare from each other! This was well worth the money which was around $15 total for all the materials.
7. Lots of time spent at Trafalga and Seven Peaks using our passes. Ty thought Seven Peaks was the coolest place ever and Isabelle loved going on the rides at Trafalga and the lazy river at Seven Peaks. I even braved taking the 3 kids by myself to Seven Peaks with the several hundred other people that went. The money was well worth it!
*Ty was drenched after riding on the bumper boats at Trafalga. He was dripping from head to toe!
8. We visited my grandparents at their rest home several times. Ty was able to play his recital piece for them. He loved being able to share his talent - good boy!
9. A fun visit from Arizona and New York cousins hanging out at the splashpad, going to dinner, jumping at Airborne, sleepovers, playing the wii, bbq's, bounce house and waterslide and several games of capture the flag (ty's new fav)! Sure wish these fun cousins lived closer. Ty said after his cousin Christian left "I wish he lived right next door... actually I wish he was my brother!" These 2 had so much in common and got along so well! Isabelle loved spending time with her cousin Natalie. She thought it was so wonderful that she loved princesses and dolls just like her!
10. Supported Chad at his first 10k... he did really well! He was "glowing" the whole run with his new neon green running shoes. Now we look forward to the half marathon he will be doing next month. Way to go Chad!
You guys had way to much fun this summer! Way to go Chad for completing his 10k and for the upcoming half marathon! I have wanted to go to Tuachan this year too, I am very jealous. I grew up with Prince Eric- he's 2 years older than me and we were in the same ward for 8 years.
ReplyDeleteOh half marathon? Crazy guy, but so awesome as well! That looks like an awesome summer. It makes me jealous that you get to spend it outside. And what a cool mom to make that slip n slide! You constantly amaze me!
ReplyDelete