Friday, November 11, 2011

Gratitude


We had our traditional "Gratitude" FHE lesson on Monday. In past years we have tried to do something with our kids to record things we are grateful for each day throughout the month. The past 2 years we have written down those things on paper chains and then each day take one off and remember those things in family prayers. This year we did something a little different. We painted a tree trunk and then made the branches using our handprints to symbolize how we are all intertwined together as a family. At the end of each day we take time to write something on a leaf that we felt grateful for that day and put it on our tree. Ty and Isabelle look forward to it each day!


I found the leaves and "give thanks" pendants online at one of my favorite blogs. Isabelle and I cut out the leaves and I made the hanging sign. I only had a wide fall ribbon so I cut it in half and used my glue gun to attach the pendants to the bottom edge of the ribbon and then folded it over the top, glued it in place and tied a knot in each end. Super easy and fun!

Day 1
Chad - Dr. Pepper
ShayLynn - Washing Machine
Ty - Exercise
Isabelle - Love

Day 2
Chad - Family
ShayLynn - A Nap!!
Ty - School
Isabelle - Church

Day 3
Chad - oops he missed doing it... he would probably say Meetings since he had them that night!
ShayLynn - Scriptures
Ty -School, Play with Family, Bed
Isabelle - Sleeping with Ty, Playing with Ty

*More to come...

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful family...love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I love your new heading too. Your kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new pictures are adorable. I love your thankful tree--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new fam pics, too! I also love your Thankful Tree. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea- I love that :)

    ReplyDelete